Thursday 1 March 2012

The black. The white. And the greys.

Yes, people have told me this. My mother had told me this when I was ten or something.
I did'nt get it. And I did'nt get that I did'nt get it.
I think what she meant was the diversity of emotions and the subtle distinction between each.
There is no clear good. There is no one good bad. What is moral for one may be completely intolerable by another. yes, in ramayana, we saw that Ram was good (why? because he was the son of a king? because he was powerful? because he was obidient enough to leave his throne? maybe yes. that's why). And Raavan was bad, beacuse he stole another's wife. Fair enough. Bad guy.
We quietly skip over the part where Ram makes Seeta go through fire to prove her purity.
Is that goodness? No. badness? Not really.
Today I watched The Artist. The movie has a different storyline, but it brings out a lot of these subtle emotions we have.
Goodness includes sympathy; at times motivated by pride, which is bad.
Badness includes weakness; whcih can stem through the most genuine of reasons is the world. Lust, greed, or even Ram's duty.
Goodness had bad in it and badness has good. And if you look at it together, there are just a myriad of sublte emotions. All in shades of grey.
I think we all can figure it out when it comes to ourselves.
It just gets tremendously messed up when it comes to others. Because you dont know how much of good-bad or how much of bad-good is there in them. You just cant know.
You just have to trust your luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment